Your new cub scout will need a few things to participate and grow as a cub scout:
- Class A Uniform
- Uniform Shirt with world scout crest, council patch and pack number, etc.
- Neckerchief (Den specific, e.g. Tiger for a Tiger Scout)
- Slide (also Den specific)
- Cub Scout Belt (so they can put all the belt loops they are going to earn)
- Cub Scout Handbook (Den Specific) – be sure to get the new one for this year from the store as the program for Cub Scouts changed this year.
NOTE: We do not recommend the Den hats as they are more often used to bop others than as headgear. Your scout does not need the official scout pants. Any pants with belt loops are fine.
The pack will provide the Class B Uniform (Yellow t-shirt with the pack logo in Navy Blue). We expect those to arrive early winter.
You can purchase all the stuff you need at the Woburn Scout Shop (aka Boy Scout Store in Woburn) at
- Tower Office Park, Woburn, MA 01801
or online at ScoutStuff.org. The brick & mortar store is very helpful in making sure you have all the right patches for the uniform and you can try the shirts on to check size. They may insist you need the hat and pants, but you don’t. We recommend buying one size up so that your boy can continue to wear the blue shirt for all 3 years.
Talk to the Pack Master if you are interested in a used uniform. Families may have an outgrown uniform handed down from previous cub scouts. Slides and neckerchiefs are also usually available.